toe - table of (terminfo) entries
toe [-v[n]] [-ahsuUV]
With no options, toe lists all available terminal types by
primary name with descriptions. File arguments specify the directories to be
scanned; if no such arguments are given, your default terminfo directory is
scanned. If you also specify the -h option, a directory header will
be issued as each directory is entered.
There are other options intended for use by terminfo file
- report on all of the terminal databases which ncurses would search, rather
than only the first one that it finds.
- If the -s is also given, toe adds a column to the report,
showing (like conflict(1)) which entries which belong to a given
terminal database. An "*" marks entries which differ, and
"+" marks equivalent entries.
- sort the output by the entry names.
- -u file
- says to write a report to the standard output, listing dependencies in the
given terminfo/termcap source file. The report condenses the `use'
relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that has
use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the
whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which occur in those
use capabilities, followed by a newline
- -U file
- says to write a report to the standard output, listing reverse
dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report
reverses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a
terminal that occurs in use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by
the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which depend on
it, followed by a newline.
- specifies that (verbose) output be written to standard error, showing
toe's progress. The optional parameter n is a number from 1
to 10, interpreted as for tic(1M).
- reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and
- Compiled terminal description database.
tic(1M), infocmp(1M), captoinfo(1M),
infotocap(1M), curses(3X), terminfo(5).
This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20081102).